Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Huge Task of Creating Our Nursery

The color has been picked and bought for the nursery. The room that we're turning into the nursery currently has pale blue walls with darker blue trim (all horribly painted). They didn't even take off the baseboards and it looks like they didn't even tape off anything. Needless to say we have some painting to do...
















My husband is removing the current baseboards which is causing them to break so we're going to have to buy new ones, but that doesn't really bother me because they're in bad shape anyway. We're going to buy some new baseboards and some crown molding and he'll be able to paint it all at once. The current paint finish is a high gloss, so we picked up a nice primer so we won't have to do multiple coats (hopefully). This will only be the second room the two of us have painted in this house and the first one wasn't quite as pretty as we hoped, but I'm thinking we learned our lesson last time and this room should turn out much better.

We only have about 15 more weeks until our little girl arrives, so we have a LOT to do. I only wish my husband felt the same sense of urgency to get this room finished as I do. Too bad nesting only affects the pregnant one. Seems like a flaw in natures design since he's going to have to do a large part of the work for me. Next on my list (aside from cleaning other areas of the house) is to try and get some more of the stuff out of the nursery that won't be staying (such as non-children's books). That, of course, is also going to be put on hold because my husband wants to reinforce the shelves the books will be moving to.... So I guess I will have to work on what I can until the room is ready for me to help out.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Krystall said...

lol I completely think it is a flaw of nature too! I remember very clearly wishing I could let him borrow some of my nesting drive... ;)