Monday, April 6, 2009

Cajun Chicken Fingers

So tonight I made Cajun Chicken Fingers from a recipe I got out of a Rachel Ray magazine. It took me about an hour to make and all in all I was a bit disappointed (I had to go to the store to buy ingredients before and was verbally assaulted by a rude cashier so I had really been hoping to find something great). It was ok, but it was pretty bland. After Dan and I both tried it we both decided it needed more kick so we dipped it in some buffalo sauce. That made it much better, but since the buffalo sauce is all you can taste, it makes the 30 minutes of prep completely not worth it for us. We were both expecting more spice, but if you want a good chicken strip that's not too spicy, you can give this a shot. It's a pretty simple recipe in case you want to try it out for yourself:

Can be GF if you use the right cornmeal...

Cajun Chicken Fingers

serves 4

















Ingredients

1 Cup Cornmeal
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 pound chicken tenders
6 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Working with one at a time, coat the chicken tenders with the cornmeal mixture, dip into the egg, then coat again with the cornmeal. Transfer to a large plate.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Add half of the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken tenders.

2 comments:

Krystall said...

They look pretty. :)

Krystall said...

Wasn't this recipe also one of your first posts on this blog? Everytime I see it I get a little daja vu. :)