Sunday, February 6, 2011

Now a Fan of the Fan

The fan that was installed in the nursery before we moved in is one of those tiny fans that supposedly works hard enough to cool off the room. I never felt like it did it's job and on top of that it made a horrible groaning noise whenever it was on (anyone who's ever spent the night in that room can attest to that). Once we started deciding on changes to that room I knew that fan would be gone for sure.

I had a fan all picked out on Home Depot's website and it said that they had them in stock in the store by my house, but when we went there, it wasn't anywhere. I was a little bummed out that I couldn't get the silver fan with the black/cherry reversible blades that I wanted, but after a little while of looking around I found another one that I liked and it happened to be on sale for $20 cheaper than the one I had originally picked out. We went ahead and picked it up and after a quick (late) lunch we got to work installing it. I was surprised that my husband volunteered to start this project because I know he wanted to play a game, but I think he's realizing that I have my crazy nesting drive and that if he concedes to check something off the list I will relax a bit. It's nice that my husband is so sweet and understanding. :)

So here's the before and after:











We are going to change the light bulbs in the new fan so they are a little softer light. Of course I realized after the install was done that the day after we picked out and bought the paint color we liked based on the lighting in the room we went and changed the lighting. Luckily I still like the color we have. I'll have to check again after we change the bulbs...

1 comment:

Krystall said...

It looks very nice! :) I love checking things off a list, and it sounds like your husband is getting smart... ;)