Sunday, April 5, 2009

Seasonal Phone Charms

So I made a phone charm for St. Patrick's Day but I didn't have the right colors. I used the charm anyway, but I made a new one when we got back from the reunion. I know that St. Patrick's Day had passed by then, but who cares? So the red and clear one is the first edition and the green and gold one is version 2.0.


















Today I decided I wanted to make an Easter phone charm, but I still don't have a huge selection of colors, so I chose a light blue with white and I used a duck charm I had. Unfortunately, my husband and I both thought it looked more like a rubber ducky bath charm than an Easter charm.



















I tried again using another duck charm, but this time I used green to simulate grass and I painted some egg shaped beads that I had to try and make them look like Easter eggs. I'm not sure how the paint will hold up, but that's why I test drive some of the charms.

1 comment:

Krystall said...

Very, very cute. :)

I would suggest using glass paints on the beads. There might even be a protective paint you can use too. But it turned out great and the ducky is adorable! :)