Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby Scrubs

So I've never made anything out of a pattern before and I thought I should give it a try. I found a cute pattern for toddler costumes at WalMart for $2 and I wanted to make that. The only problem is that I also wanted to make the scrubs even smaller than the tiniest size the pattern had. They had toddler sizes and I wanted one that would fit a 1 month old. So I freehand sketched a smaller version of the pattern on some butcher paper I had. Suzannah helped me out with making sure it all looked right. Then I cut out the pattern and Suz marked it and then she pinned it and cut out the fabric. The next day I sewed the pieces together and finished off the shirt. It is so cute! The next day Suz came over again and I drew a smaller version of the pants pattern and cut it out and Suz marked it. This time I traced the pattern I drew onto tracing paper so it would be easier for Suz to pin. So she pinned it and cut out the fabric and I sewed it together. I left the waistline incomplete so I can fit it to a baby before I finish it and I'll probably need to re-hem the legs because I think we made them a little long, but again, I'm waiting for a baby for measurements. I think it will fit a 1 month old, but it might be too small. I didn't have any 0-3 clothes to base sizing on so I had to use some NB clothes I had. I think it turned out really cute though and I'm super proud that I finished it! :)

4 comments:

Krystall said...

"Sew" awesome Amberle!! I'm so proud of you!!! :)

Janesse said...

They are so cute. Good job! :)

Mo said...

So cute! Great job!

Arielle said...

SO cute, o and by the way you need to invite me to your other blog!!!!!