
It took a lot of patience and about 15-20 hours to make (to the point where it was wearable, but not exactly as finished as I would have liked). I used a plain white long sleeve onesie and a pair of 0-6 month tights that I bought at Wal Mart and I used some fabric paint that I bought at JoAnne's awhile ago and a small paintbrush. I hung the reference shirt that Suzannah would be wearing so that I could see it very clearly and I just started painting. It was actually fun and if I wasn't pressed for time and stressed I would have found it a much more enjoyable experience. It worked out much better than I thought it would and seems to be staying on fairly well too. It is a little harder to paint on the tights because they stretch and the paint faded a little on the tights when they were washed, but it still looks good I think. I must say that I am pleased with how this project turned out. Except for running out of time and not being able to finish the back...

4 comments:
Amberle, it looks absolutely wonderful- great job!! That one could be used by any baby, boy or girl and it's adorable!!
That is really incredible. What a talent you have!! And patience!!! Soooo....where's mine? ;)
You want a Molly-sized one? Or one for your kids? Cause if I'm doing one for an adult I should probably start now to finish by next Halloween. :)
- and thank you both for the compliments. :)
Post a Comment