Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cheesecake Cookie Cups

This recipe was in Rachel Ray's magazine, but was an advertisement for Nestle cookie dough. I didn't follow this exactly because my oven is broken and I don't have any muffin trays that fit in my toaster oven, so I made an 8x8 square cheesecake instead. I will post the original recipe since the only difference is the pan I used.

Nestle refrigerated cookie dough
2 pkgs. (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Paper-line 24 muffin cups. Place (one piece if using the breakable dough or 1 small scoop if using the tub) of cookie dough in each cup. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookie has spread to edge of cup. Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour about 3 Tbsp. cream cheese mixture over each cookie in cup. Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Top each cupcake with level Tbsp of pie filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serves 24.

I personally found the cookie crust to be too sweet and thought it overpowered the cheesecake, but it is still good if you eat the cheesecake first and eat the cookie afterwards. I'm going to try it again on a graham cracker crust this time.

No comments: